GIS-Feldhofe is a GIS for planning and documenting building and maintenance of a sludge landfill, based on ArcGIS Desktop.
SINED has developed the following components:
- Measurement Integrator, which facilitates editing states of a landfill layer, using measurement data.
- Drainage Editor, that is intended for editing the drainage network data and provides the following features:
- Different ways of selecting an object to edit (selection on the map; selection from the list of all objects of a class; search by attributes).
- Creation of an object.
- Editing attributes and flow direction.
- Editing geometries via ArcMap Editor managed and extended by Drainage Editor.
- Import of geometry from another feature.
- Stepwise snapping (vertex by vertex) with marking target position of the selected vertex.
- Editing relationships.
- Extension for feature classes of the drainage network, which handles changes of the status attribute in order to connect/disconnect features and update the changes history.
The main functionality of Drainage Editor has been implemented as a component that can be reused for editing any data. The editor uses ArcMap Editor and has the following advantages over it:
- Creating and editing objects that are not features.
- Search by attributes without writing SQL.
- The attributes of the edited object are always visible (they are not visible in ArcMap Editor when relationships are displayed).
- Editing flow direction of edges of a utility network.
- Easier start (per one click) of geometry input/edit.
- Geometry import.
- The stepwise snapping of vertices can be used after an import or a textual change of coordinates and allows making a decision for each vertex.
- Relationships can be added by selecting related objects in a grid view.